About the Hurricanes Program
North Queensland Touch Football (NQTF) established the Hurricanes program for youth referees in 2011, with the purpose of fostering and developing youth referees that have the commitment and interest in refereeing touch football at an elite level.
The program has created a structured pathway to foster and develop strong youth referees across North Queensland by providing access to specific one-on-one coaching opportunities, financial assistance and access to specific development resources targeted at youth officials. It's open to all junior referees within North Queensland that meet the required selection criteria and provides the following benefits to program members:
- Guidance and mentoring through the refereeing levels of touch football
- Access to personalised development plans, programs, and pathways
- Personal contact with their own senior referee mentor (one-on-one coaching)
- Funding to attend representative tournaments where they will receive access to elite coaching
Benefits to the referee base:
- Increased youth referees base to service all levels of the sport
- Better management of youth participants who have their own needs
- A structured pathway for youth participants
- A sound base for elite youth referees
- Focused development of mentors
- Better adjusted/prepared referees entering the elite pathway
See the Joining Hurricanes page for more information about joining the program.
Program Outline unavailable
Copyright notice: This document is protected under Commonwealth copyright laws, but may be adapted with the written permission of the program coordinators.